30 July 2014
Wow! is that all I can began with . First of all, I'm extremely grateful of the weather as it's mostly sunny and dry. Could you imagine the opportunity for us all to explore summer outfits? But proud to say of how good I am this season of not joining the summer shopping craze. If you all notice, I am not updated with this year hot looks/trends. Instead I recycle and reuse what I already had in my cupboard which is unusual for me . If you are a SAHM then you'll know the reason why. Less income, less to spend . In short, no budget coz I'm broke!! But that doesn't stop me from being stylish eh? Yeah, I managed to pleased myself of what I had in my closet. And here's my latest ootd series ...
1) This green maxi dress I wore couple weeks ago during our family day trip to the nearby water garden is still trendy enough. Who would have thought that I had this 6 yrs ago? Perfectly paired it with this grey crop blazer and a wayfarer sunnies. And oh with my fave brown cross body bag of course that almost go with anything. ❤️
2) The denim washed out dungarees with a plain white vest, a polarised blue aviator and a pair of kicks was really perfect for a beach trip. On that day, I'd only fancied a walk on the beach. One fine Sunday afternoon well spent with the fam bam that was.
3) Denim skirt, black tube top and a flip flops is an easy, safe and quickie outfit to put on when you have less time to get ready. It was just one of those laid back Friday outfit ;).
4) Crochet hot pants from River Island, white vest, kicks, batik leggings, crop top are another safe and quickie outfit of the day for a mum who isn't have all the time of the world ;).
5) White top from Warehouse, denim shorts from Primarks, white driving shoes from Pineapple and of course my fave cross body bag was my outfit of the day during our trip to Lake District to watch my daughter's first sailing race. It was such an awesome day.
6) Almost all white. Pretty much all white. Top from Newlook, white ripped jeans from H&M and white shoes from Pineapple.
7) And lastly, my fave sunnies and my newly added one from newlook. Rayban's are obviously my fave brand. ❤️
11 June 2014
I love white colour, simple as that. During my wedding, I wore white wedding gown because it was my choice not because it symbolise purity but more like following a traditional wedding colour. As they say, the colour, style and ceremonial importance of the gown can depend on the religion and culture of the wedding participants.
Back in the days, (Victorian or even way before...) white colour apparently symbolise wealth. Besides the colour, textiles were also an important means to display wealth, and the more elaborate the weave of the fabric, and the richer the fibres uses, and the rarer the colour, the better the demonstration of wealth. Before the invention of effective bleaching techniques, white was a valued colour: it was both difficult to achieve, and hard to maintain. Wealthy brides, then, often wore white to demonstrate their money, not their purity.
And did you know that it was Queen Victoria who popularise the wearing of the white wedding dress? You know why? Well, because Victoria was not an ordinary bride. Unlike most royal brides, she did not enter the marriage as a princess, about to become the Queen Consort. She was the Queen, the head of state. She needed to make a statement as the leader of her country, not as an ornament to the throne and the future mother to the heir to the throne. So Victoria chose a dress that made a political statement. A dress that put her duty to her kingdom on display, rather than her wealth or beauty.
Anyway, I love whites not because of its history but simply because it is neater to look. I can wear whites everyday, if given a chance. And having said that, I sought for an specific white dress online a while back and while browsing I came across many tempting dress but nothing came close to this Solid Color Bohemian Style Turn-Down Collar Single Breasted Plicated Chiffon Dress at Sammy dress.com that I was eyeing up for my anniversary, so I got it. And it became my favourite piece in my cupboard since then. This dress is simply gorgeous and the quality is not that bad either. I'm really surprise when I finally have it in my hand how well it is made. It is unexpectedly and extremely good and yet so affordable. Oh, did I mention how many items I am eyeing for next? I'm so torn I tell you on to which one I will get next because of their masive selection of cute, elegant, chic pieces of clothing available at their site and more. Alright, this is actually the first time I wore this dress and yet I'm already planning to wear it again (very soon) with maybe a few tweak, so watch out for it. And lastly, what could be a better dress to wear for this very special day of my life, my wedding anniversary...so thanks to Sammy!!!
4 June 2014
'Fashion is what you buy. Style is what you do with it.' - Stylequotient
Here's the lists of my spring ootd so far. I tend to documents my outfit of the day for my fashion blogging. And yes like most of us do, I dress according to my mood and sometimes according to my
age . Though few times I break the rules and wear hideous clothes . Anyway, not all type of dresses or clothing would suit us especially when you are a petite lady like me. I find that above knee-length dresses or skirts would suit me best. Wedges are my faves summer footwear btw as it gives me the height I wanted at the same time comfortable. Occasionally I wear flat shoes or sneakers especially when it involves a long walk. Accessories depends on my outfit too. Sometimes there are looks that needless to be accessorise. Less is more, right? I also believed that colours varies to the skintone. I love neutral but there are days that some colour I wish to wear just isn't going well with my brown complexion. I think black is the best and the safest colour for me. But I love to explore and experiment all types of colours. Anyway, I'll write down the brand and sizes of my clothes below each picture as some of them are sponsored. Lastly, why not tell me which of the following #ootd is your fave?
|A family day out on a beautiful sunny Sunday|
Stripe mini dress: H&M
Crop Outer Denim: Esprit
Floral Totebag: Secosana (12 yrs ago since I bought it)
|Comfy and slimming ;))|
Necklace: New Look
Open-toed Studded Shoes: Primarks
|My fave pair of sunnies ;) --sponsored by Fab Lenses|
Scarf: Monsoon (bday present from a friend)
Foral Top: New Look (given by a friend)
Leggings: River Island
Gladiator Sandals: Next
Crossbody bag: Gucci
|how do you like it?|
|Lace top: New look|
Pattern Leggings: F&F
Pump Shoes: Cotton Traders
Vest: New look
Jeggings: Zara kids
|my all time fave outfit ;)|
Top to Bottom: Zara
|H&M ripped jeans|
|Hideous but only at the back of the house ;)|
Top to Bottom: Zara kids